Cyprus’ Minister of Health Constantinos Ioannou assured on Monday that the government was constantly following WHO and ECDC instructions on the coronavirus and was adjusting its action plan accordingly.
Ioannou announced that a meeting had been called for Tuesday with the Epidemiological Surveillance Unit, to evaluate the protocols observed in Cyprus, based on available instructions issued by WHO and ECDC.
According to a press release, commenting on a suspected COVID-19 case, Ioannou said the patient was still being treated and was under observation. He added that the patient will remain in isolation for a fortnight.
Ioannou also said that no revised instructions had been issued concerning travelers from Italy, South Korea or Iran, noting that it was not the proximity of countries with confirmed coronavirus cases that mattered, but rather the travelers arriving from those countries.
Previous update on possible coronavirus case in Cyprus
The results of tests carried out on all samples from a suspected Coronavirus case in Cyprus have come back negative, according to a press release issued by the Ministry of Health following a briefing from the Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics.
The Ministry of Health notes that despite the negative result, the patient will remain in the hospital for a period of 14 days for a follow-up, as provided by the protocol and guidelines of the World Health Organization and the European Center for Disease Control and Prevention (ECDC), it added.
[…] Crisis Management Director is attending a meeting on COVID-2019 that will take place later today at the Foreign Ministry, in the presence of the Ministers of […]
[…] Minister inspected this morning the crossing point at Ledra Palace, as new measures against coronavirus entered into force this morning, and spoke with policemen and the medical staff there. Ledra Palace […]