Cyprus’ Foreign Ministry issued on Monday travel advice in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, advising Cypriots to avoid all travel abroad unless absolutely necessary.
The travel advice is valid from March 16, 2020, at 18:00 Cyprus time (GMT+2), up to and including April 30, 2020.
“In light of the continuing spread globally of coronavirus COVID-19 and given its classification by the World Health Organization as a pandemic, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs advises Cypriot citizens to completely avoid travelling abroad unless absolutely necessary” it is noted.
Citizens of the Republic of Cyprus who are temporarily located or permanently reside abroad are advised by the Foreign Ministry to be particularly cautious, to follow local and international media on the latest developments regarding COVID-19, to adhere to the relevant instructions of the country’s authorities, to take self-protection measures, and to inform the accredited Diplomatic Mission of the Republic of their presence in the country.
Moreover, Cypriot citizens who are currently abroad, or intend to travel abroad for exceptional reasons, are encouraged to register on the website: www.oikade.gov.cy
Relevant announcements, press releases and information published by the Ministry of Health and other competent Authorities and Services of the Republic, including clarifications from the Ministry of Interior pertaining to the documentation required for entry to the Republic of Cyprus, are available on the dedicated website created for this purpose, at https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus the announcement says.
It is noted that between 18.00 on March 16 and April 30, 2020, entry to the Republic of Cyprus will only be granted to individuals who fall under the categories listed below, provided that, upon arrival, they are able to submit a medical certificate, issued no more than 4 days before, showing that they have been tested for coronavirus by certified medical centers in their country of origin:
- Cypriot citizens.
- Legal residents in the Republic of Cyprus.
- European nationals or third-country nationals working in the Republic.
- Nationals of countries who are in a designated diplomatic service or mission under bilateral or international Conventions.
- European or third-country nationals attending educational institutions in the Republic of Cyprus.
- Individual cases of European nationals or third-country nationals for unavoidable professional obligations provided that the relevant permission has been obtained from the competent Ministry.
- All travellers returning to Cyprus from abroad, regardless of their country of origin, will be placed under a 14-day compulsory quarantine at accommodation facilities designated by the Republic of Cyprus.
Contact info: In case of an emergency, Cypriot citizens may contact the following numbers:
Diplomatic Missions of the Republic of Cyprus abroad:
Their contact details could be accessed at the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs www.mfa.gov.cy under Cyprus Diplomatic Missions Abroad.
Consular Affairs Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
+35 7 22651113 (08:30 – 15:00, Monday – Friday)
Duty Officer of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
+35 7 99660129 (outside working hours)
Crisis Management Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
+35 7 22801000 (24/7)
The Duty Officer’s line is reachable outside office hours and is intended to provide assistance in emergency situations. For non-urgent questions, please contact the relevant Department of the Ministry during normal office hours via the switchboard +357 22-651000.
Great post 😁