Cyprus President offers help after deadly blast in Turkish-occupied Nicosia hospital

President Anastasiades made a statement on Twitter after the blast in a Nicosia hospital, offering any assistance if so asked

2
214
The President of Cyprus Nicos Anastasiades expressed on Friday his condolences to the Turkish Cypriot leader, Mustafa Akinci, and offered help after a blast this morning left two people dead at a hospital in the Turkish-occupied part of Nicosia.

The President of Cyprus Nicos Anastasiades expressed on Friday his condolences to the Turkish Cypriot leader, Mustafa Akinci, and offered help after a blast this morning left two people dead at a hospital in the Turkish-occupied part of Nicosia.

Minister of Health, Constantinos Ioannou, contacted the bicommunal Technical Committee on Health, also expressing his Ministry’s readiness to help.

“I express my deep sorrow over the death of two people in a tragic blast at a hospital in occupied Nicosia. I spoke on the phone with the Turkish Cypriot leader Mr. Akinci and expressed my condolences and our readiness to provide any assistance if we are asked” President Anastasiades wrote on twitter.

“I spoke on the phone with the Turkish Cypriot leader Mr. Akinci and expressed my condolences and our readiness to provide any assistance if we are asked.”

From his part, Health Minister wrote on Twitter that he contacted the Turkish Cypriot side through the bicommunal Technical Committee on Health, expressing readiness to help in any way they can, if so asked.

Speaking to CNA, the Greek Cypriot Head of the Technical Committee on Health, Leonidas Phylactou, said that he spoke with the Health Minister earlier on Friday, who asked him to convey to the Turkish Cypriot side his Ministry’s willingness to help in addressing this emergency.

Phylactou contacted then Cenk Soydan, the Turkish Cypriot Head of the Technical Committee, and passed on the Minister’s message.

He also said that Soydan briefed him on the situation and thanked him for the offer.

Replying to a question, Phylactou said that for the moment, there was no request from the Turkish Cypriot side concerning the transfer of patients to the free areas of the Republic of Cyprus.

2 COMMENTS

Leave a Reply